Some returning players have asked me whether I have copies of the old worlds that they played in before the down time. I do have some, although I don't think it is a complete set , and I've finally come up with a plan for them. More about that at the bottom.
Here is a list of the worlds I have:-
- Warworld - April 2012
- The vanilla 1.8 world that we ran for a bit in 2014 - during the long wait for the 1.8 bukkit/spigot server.
- "town_removed_10-03-14" - I think this is a version of Venice - not sure which one.
- "survival_09_05_2013" - This looks like a world that was closed in May 2013 (from the file dates)
- "survival_the_end" - I'm not sure which end this is, the file dates are April 2015
- Spawnworld - This one is one of the oldest, from before my time; file dates are Jan 2012. The files are in a different format to the usual ones, so it may not even load... There may be a way to convert them, who knows?
- A set of worlds from March '14 - which includes adventure, creative1, creative2, survival, a nether, The End, and "town" (maybe another copy of venice)
- "old_survival (retired_26_Jan_15)" - includes survival, nether, end, venice, a vault, and a world called "war" (maybe a BOTM world?)
- first adventure - files dates are 2013/14
- Creative1 - not sure how old this is, file dates are 2011 - 2013, with some of the files in the old region format
- BuildWorld - another really old one, file dates are 2011/2
- "backup of 1.7 surv" - I think this was the world in play when the old server closed.
Unfortunately the server does not have the resources to keep all of these worlds loaded and available, but what I am thinking is that I will load a world or two onto the creative server, and they will be available for all to look around for their favourite builds and trips down memory lane. We could even look at saving some of the best builds by using World Edit to put them into the current creative worlds.
Post your request for worlds to load up in the comments.